Why Mentorship is Invaluable
There are many distinguishing benefits of mentors, even for entrepreneurs, and it’s important to value their significance if you plan to achieve long-term success. Mentors have been there, done that and have seen it all. They’ve recovered from various disappointments, unwanted lawsuits, failed partnerships, accountants that lack detail, inexperienced lawyers, and poorly written online content.
Mentorship is an age-old concept. However, today, many seem to think they can just “google it,” and become an expert. This is not the case – google provides information, not experience and relationship. Most successful tech titans benefited from mentors.
Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg was mentored by Steve Jobs. Jobs was mentored by Mike Markkula, an early investor and executive at Apple. Eric Schmidt mentored Larry Page and Sergey Brin of Google.
Entrepreneurs that operate a residential assisted living business without a mentor often fall into the following trap.
9 RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH STARTING A RAL BUSINESS WITHOUT A MENTOR
- Oblivious to the unwritten rules
- Secure and fund the wrong property
- Hire the wrong contractor
- Fail inspection after inspection due to specific state and local specifications
- Hire unqualified and unknowledgeable staff
- Struggle to get their homes fully occupied
- Employ counterproductive marketing strategies
- Suffer the unnecessary losses of money and time
- Fail to reap the benefits of owning a successful business
What is encouraging about the above list is that it is totally preventable. How so? Clarity comes with mentorship. You will not sustain in this rapidly growing industry without this ancient concept of mentorship. You need a trusted voice of reason, accountability and support.
7 REASONS WHY SECURING A MENTOR IS OPTIMAL
- There is a difference between book knowledge and experience
- Humility helps increase outcomes
- Expanding your contacts
- Expert feedback is invaluable
- Mentorship is the hallmark business longevity
- Learning the advantages of emotional intelligence
- Motivation, inspiration and encouragement
Difficulties will come, that is certain, but depression, frustration, and failure do not take root when the proper mentorship is in place. A mentor can walk with you each step of the way.
Whether you have already begun in the residential assisted living industry or you are researching the opportunity, you don’t have to go it alone. Reach out to us today at the Residential Assisted Living Academy and get connected with mentors like Gene Guarino and other industry experts that will ensure your success.
The Residential Assisted Living Academy offers Home Study Courses and other online training to make social distance learning convenient. Why Mentorship is Invaluable