RAL “Residential Assisted Living”
This is Paul Lizell, your host of flipping out and today on a podcast. I have a special guest today. Her name is Isabelle Guarino, and I knew her father very well. We’re in a same family, family mastermind. And, uh, she I’ve met her there a few times, talked to her quite a bit, but we’re gonna talk about a topic that’s near and dear to my heart. And I’m very, very interested in, and that’s residential assisted living now, Isabelle.
Isabelle is a graduate from Arizona State University, a former flight attendant, Walt Disney World intern and now Residential Assisted Living Academy’s leading lady. She has been working as the COO of the company for the last 6 years, keeping everyone in line and on task.
Residential Assisted Living Academy TM is America’s premier training organization in this unique and specialized niche’ of opportunity. Launched in 2012 by entrepreneur / real estate investor Gene Guarino, Residential Assisted Living Academy TM has trained hundreds of investors, business owners and entrepreneurs in this new and exciting field of opportunity.
There’s so much of this topic that has me intrigued and I’ve gone through your course and I’m not, I’m not doing this to sell to anybody, but I’ve gone through your course and it is fantastic. A lot of great information. If you’re a passive investor and wants to earn good passive income, she’s probably not a better resource than R L. Yeah. And, uh, well, I’m gonna, I’m gonna flip it over here, Isabelle. She’s gonna give us her background. And then from there, we’ll get into the topic. All right. Iselle tell us how you got into this business.
- 00:00 – 01:00 Intro
- 01:00 – 2:58 How Isabelle got into the business
- 02:58 – 04:58 In home care costs & assisted living costs
- 04:50 – 05:30 Baby Boomer Generation
- 05:30 – 06:30 Silver Tsunami coming
- 06:30 – 07:55 RAL costs will double by 2025!
- 07:55 – 10:00 Where the highest RAL rates are
- 10:00 – 11:57 Doing RAL remotely
- 11:57 – 14:35 Best type of homes for RAL & number restrictions by state
- 14:35 – 18:55 Private rooms vs. shared rooms
- 18:55 – 22:52 Kitchen, dining & entertainment areas
- 22:52 – 27:25 Ideal properties to target
- 27:25 – 31:18 Breakeven point for cash flow & 10% vacancy
- 31:18 – 37:55 Liabilities
- 37:55 – 41:30 How families pay for RAL