Everybody can use free smoothie recipes to stay healthy and cool throughout the summer months. If you’re looking for some healthy hints to cool off this summer, you’re in for a real treat.
You can whip up a refreshing and nutritional smoothie right in the kitchen of your Residential Assisted Living home. A yummy smoothie will be a hit among your residents and their guests.
Smoothies have become a great, quick breakfast alternative for those relaxing summer mornings. Smoothies can offer more added health benefits than traditional breakfasts because you can load them with a variety of fruits, vegetables, protein, and vitamins & minerals. Yes, even some raw vegetables taste great and add even more vitamins and nutrition for your body. Smoothies not only rejuvenate you, but also give you a cool way to beat the summer heat. In this blog we’ve outlined fifteen key benefits of drinking healthy smoothies.
15 Benefits Of Drinking Healthy Smoothies
- Weight Loss: If you’ve been struggling to lose weight, smoothies can help you lose excess body fat without skipping any meals. A dynamic combination of fruits and vegetables that are high in fiber and protein, but low in sugar, are guaranteed to help seniors feel fuller longer. The right smoothie will curb your appetite and keep you away from unhealthy donuts and snacks.
- Dehydration Prevention: Fruits and vegetables contain larger amounts of water in proportion to their weight. Since the human body is 70% water, smoothies are a great way to replenish the loss of water in your body, especially during the hot summer months.
- Craving Control: If constant pastry and cookie consumption is an issue for you, a healthy smoothie recipe can help curb those cravings. Using combinations of bananas, mango, strawberries, dark chocolate, and even peanut butter are yummy ways to add some natural sweeteners to your smoothie. These alternatives will also help you keep your glucose levels steady. Maintaining a healthy glucose level is especially important for those who may be suffering from lifestyle diseases such as high blood sugar and diabetes.
- Digestive Aid: Choosing fiber-friendly fruits and green leafy vegetables for your smoothies can aid in the digestive process. Apples, bananas, oranges and strawberries are a few common fruits that are high in fiber. Spinach and kale are fiber-friendly leafy greens that can be paired with any fruit combination to help keep you regular.
- Immune boosters filled with Antioxidants: Antioxidants are substances that fight against free radicals that could cause harm to your body. Leafy green tea, grapes, berries, and sweet potatoes are great sources of antioxidants. Adding them or a Matcha green tea powder to your smoothies can play a pivotal role in preventing cancers and heart disease.
- Immune Booster: Immunity is your body’s ability to fight against pathogens and diseases. Making smoothies filled with ingredients that include nutrients like beta-carotene will help to boost your immune system.
- Curbs Sleep Disorders: Many of us have dealt with sleep-related issues such as restlessness or lack of sleep. A healthy breakfast accompanied by a smoothie made of bananas, kiwi and oats provide high amounts of calcium and magnesium which can help you maintain healthy sleeping patterns.
- Improves Skin: Everyone wants healthy, glowing skin. Mango and pumpkin contain carotenoids that are highly beneficial for skin and complexion. Adding these ingredients to your smoothies will give you that beautiful summer glow.
- Provides Liquid Food Benefits: If your body has trouble breaking down nutrients, blending fruits and vegetables into smoothies can be a better option for easy digestion. Be sure to talk with your healthcare provider when considering a more liquid diet.
- Detoxifies the Body: A good way to cleanse your body is to add garlic, papaya or beets to your smoothies. Using one of these in your smoothie recipe will help rid your body of toxins accumulated in your bloodstream.
- Boosts Brain Power: Mind-healthy foods increase blood flow to the brain, and it has been proven that certain fruits and vegetables increase brain power and boost memory. Coconut, which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, can enhance mental alertness and concentration.
- Helps Reduce Mood Swings, Fight Depression and Hormonal Imbalance: Summertime is all about sunshine and happiness. Smoothies that contain organic fruits and vegetables serve as excellent stress reducers enabling you to have increases on the healthy and the happy. If you’ve been suffering from depression, mood swings, or hormonal imbalances consuming fruits and vegetables that are high in folic acid such as broccoli, spinach, and bananas can help. A balanced diet of leafy greens and nutrient-dense smoothies can help keep you in a better mood.
- Supplies Calcium and Improves Bone Health: Regardless of where you are on the age spectrum, a regular intake of calcium is essential for bone and oral health. Proper calcium intake can also have a positive effect on hair growth and heart function. Preparing smoothies with dairy or fortified dairy alternatives, vitamin D3, and Vitamin K is a sure way to keep your body healthy and strong.
- Reduces Chances of Cancer: Fruits like strawberries, blueberries and grapes are rich in antioxidants and inhibit the growth of cancer-causing free radicals. Research has shown that cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower produce the same result. Smoothies made of these ingredients can assist in preventing cancer growth.
- Better Option Than Juice: If your body has trouble breaking down nutrients, smoothies may be a better option for you. Smoothies do not stimulate a rise in blood sugar because they allow for a steady and even release into the body. When you blend smoothies, the skin of the fruit or vegetables remains, allowing your body to benefit from the fiber of the produce. Therefore, smoothies may just be the best companions for your summer breakfast.
So, whether it’s a goal of weight loss, detoxification, or strengthening immune health, the right smoothie can give a huge boost to your overall wellness. What are some of your favorite smoothie recipes? Start there and build an ongoing menu of smoothie choices that best fit each resident in your assisted living home. See all the recipes here: https://residentialassistedlivingacademy.com/smoothie-recipes.
Unique Tips And Training For Residential Assisted Living Homes
The Residential Assisted Living Academy 3-day accelerated course is the best way to learn how to own and operate a successful RAL business. Smoothies are just one small professional tip for running a smooth RAL home. Learn step-by-step everything you need to know about owning and operating a residential assisted living business.
Visit www.RALAcademy.com to get registered today. The RAL Academy has a winning business formula that will help you to scale your business and profits. In addition to the step-by-step training process that has been developed over five years by Gene Guarino, you will also gain access to shared knowledge. Register for the next 3-day training course to help make your business run as smoothly as possible.